The Charlestown-Clark County Libraries (Borden, Henryville, Charlestown, New Washington, and Sellersburg) provides meeting room spaces as a community service to library cardholders in good standing.
Who may use the meeting rooms:
• Meeting rooms are available for local community, civic, and educational organizations for non-commercial and non-profit business.
• The meeting rooms are not available for personal or family social events or parties.
• Library events will take precedence in room scheduling. The library reserves the right to cancel or reschedule meetings.
• The meeting rooms are available during normal business hours on days the libraries are open. Before and after hours meetings may be approved by the director with special key arrangements.
• Meetings at all branches must be concluded by 10 pm.
• Individuals 18 years or older with valid library cards (no charges, overdues or expired)
• Granting the use of the meeting rooms does not imply approval or endorsement by the library of the group, meeting, or ideas presented at the meeting.
• Each group is required to fill out an online application for the use of the meeting room and will be notified of use approval.
• The individual signing the application and the group they represent assumes full responsibility for the condition of the meeting rooms and equipment used.
• Requests can be made in advance for the use of certain audio/visual equipment.
• Minors must be supervised by responsible adults at all times.
• No buying, selling, monetary donations, collections of funds or solicitation are permitted on library property.
• No attendance fees may be charged.
• Only light refreshments may be served. No open flames, including the use of candles or canned heat for chaffing dishes.
• State fire and health laws shall be observed.
• No drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products are permitted on the premises.
• Meeting rooms must be restored to their original, clean condition.
• The library assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen items or damage to vehicles in the parking lots.
• A meeting room closing form is required to be completed and returned to the library after each meeting.
• The Director or his/her designee has the power to terminate any meeting disruptive to library operations.
• Publicity for a meeting by a non-library group must be worded in a manner that does not imply Library sponsorship of the group’s activities.
• The name, address, and/or telephone number of the library must not be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization.
• During inclement weather, call the Library or visit the www.clarkco.lib.in.us to be certain the library will be open.
• All meetings are subject to monitoring by library staff to ensure compliance with this policy.
Meeting rooms with available seating:
Charlestown – maximum seating 75
Sellersburg – maximum seating 25
Henryville – maximum seating 15
Borden – maximum seating 15
New Washington – maximum seating 15