ELIGIBLE LIBRARY USERS
The Charlestown-Clark County Libraries welcome any individual into the library facilities. In order to obtain a library card and borrow materials and use other services, an individual shall:
- Be a resident, business, or property owner in Clark County, Indiana, outside Jeffersonville Township
- Be a resident of any library district that has signed the Indiana Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement and have a valid library card from his/her home district.
Except Jeffersonville Township because of an individual agreement to honor residents of either district.
- Be an Indiana non-county resident with a valid Public Library Access Card (PLAC)
- Be an Indiana non-county resident who pays an annual fee based on per capita costs
- Be a student enrolled or a teacher employed in any school or school district in the library district with an Indiana residence. Card is valid for the school year.
- Be residing in the library district on a temporary basis. The fee is $1.00 and a refundable cash deposit of $25.00 validates a card for two (2) months.
An application form is filled out in person. The person filling out the form must present the following identifications to validate the card:
- Indiana driver’s license or state identification (out-of-state driver’s license until new one is obtained)
AND one of the following items for proof of address:
- Current employee identification card
- Current voter’s registration card
- Phone, electric or any other utility bill (recent)
- Lease, rental, mortgage papers (recent)
- Tax payment receipt (current year)
Applicants under 18 years of age must have a parent or responsible party sign the application and present the forms of identification listed above.
The application process includes signing and agreeing to a contract responsibility statement as authorized by I.C. 36-12-3-6 and I.C. 35-43-4-3.5.
PLAC cards are issued to Indiana residents in accordance with I.C 4-23-7.1-5.1 Changes of address and other pertinent information shall be reported in a timely manner to the library.
- Library cards are issued as the responsibility of the card holder.
- Lost cards are to be reported immediately.
- Inactive cards will be deleted from the system after one year of inactivity.
- Library cards are not transferable. The bearer must be the person whose name appears on the card record unless prior arrangement has been approved.
- Library cards may be used at all units of the Charlestown-Clark County Public Library.
- A $1.00 replacement fee will be charged for lost cards.
|CARD TYPE||REQUIREMENT||IDENTIFICATION||FEE||FREQUENCY OF RECORD UPDATE|
|New Resident, adult||18 or older||Driver’s license and property tax receipt, utility bill, current mail w/ address||Three months, then change to resident, adult|
|New Resident under 18||Ages 5-17||School ID or ID from responsible party||Three months, then change to resident under 18|
|Resident, adult||18 or older||Driver’s license, property tax receipt, utility bill, current mail w/ address||Annual|
|Resident under 18||Ages 5-17||School ID or ID from responsible party||Annual|
|Reciprocal||ID plus home library card||Annual|
|PLAC||ID plus home library card||annually||Annual from the date of purchase|
|Non-resident, adult||18 or older||Current ID||annually||Annual from the date of purchase|
|Non-resident under 18||Ages 5-17||annually||Annual from the date of purchase|
|Student||Annually in May|
|Teacher||Annually in May|
|Temporary||$1.00 fee, $25.00 cash refundable deposit||Every 2 months|
|Corporate||Tax receipt, letterhead or other supporting corporate docs||Annual|
|Non-Profit org.||Supporting documentation indicating Clark County location||Annual|
|In house tracking|