Interlibrary loan is an important service that supports the mission of the library by providing enhanced access to library materials and information. The purpose of interlibrary loan is to obtain materials not available in the library system and to provide material from the collections of other libraries. The library will borrow and loan material through the existing interlibrary loan services according to standard interlibrary loan policies and procedures and applicable copyright laws.
• Interlibrary loans will be made for all library cardholders in good standing-meaning no outstanding accounts with any library in our system. Anyone owing service charges or having materials past due are not eligible for this service.
• Interlibrary loan requests must be as specific as possible. Subject requests should be well defined.
• The due date is set by the lending library and the borrower must honor that date. Not all libraries will renew materials.
• Cardholders will pay a two dollar per item return postage expense at checkout for out-of-state loans.
• The borrower is responsible for any fees that the lending library may specify non-book material. The library will make every effort to inform the borrower prior to placement of interlibrary loan order. Borrower agrees to pay damages, overdue fees or for loss of materials.
• A parent or guardian must authorize any charge for materials requested by a cardholder less than 18 years of age.
• Lending service is offered to other libraries that abide by the conditions set forth by standard interlibrary loan policies and procedures and applicable copyright laws.
• The library circulates materials on our regular checkout cycle and allows at least one renewal as long as there are no holds on these items.
• The library does not lend visual materials.
• The library works with the Indiana State Library and SRCS system.
• The library will charge the borrowing library for materials that are damaged or lost.